You Will Need
2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the fridge
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon Islahiye pepper, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or any fresh herb of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and 1 tablespoon water together with a fork.
- Roll both pastry sheets out onto lightly floured surface, and brush them with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, Islahiye pepper, sesame seeds and chopped parsley evenly onto one sheet, and place the other sheet over the filling, egg side down. Roll gently with a rolling pin to seal.
- Cut the pastry diagonally into ½ inch thick strips.
- Hold each strip on both ends and twist. Brush the twists with the egg wash.
- Place strips on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with additional Islahiye pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and puffed.
- Cool and serve at room temperature.